Week 12 Reading Notes: Part B

For the second part of my reading this week I have decided to continue to the Part B of the Inayat Jataka's Tales. All of these stories were fantastic, some of my favorites though were the Nobel Horse, Goblin Town (which I had read earlier in the semester), The World is Ending, and the Golden Goose. I particularly like the message that the story The World is Ending portrays for us. It is much like the Boy who Called Wolf. In this story a small rabbit is tricked to think that the world is ending and goes on to convince all other animals that this is happening. That is all animals except the mighty Lion. He investigates and finds out it was just a coconut that fell near the Rabbit and restores peace to the kingdom. The next story I liked most was that of the Golden Goose. It had some aspects that could be real and also reminded me of a book/movie that many have read, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
The Bar Headed Goose
There is a goose that lives in the Himalayan region of the world called the bar headed goose. It has been seen my climbers to be flying over Mount Everest! So the golden goose story may not be so fictional after all.

Bibliography
Title: Twenty Jataka Tales
Author: Noor Inayat (Khan)
Illustrator: H. Willebeek Le Mair
Year: 1939

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intorduction to Small Town Oklahoman

Comment Wall

Week 6 Story: The Meek Prince