Week 12 Reading Notes: Part A

For the first week of free read, Week 12, I have decided to continue reading the Jataka's Tales. I love these short fun tales more than anything else we have read this year. The epics are great, how they build on one another, but the Jataka tales are great short reads that portray a message to the audience but also gives the reader something fun to read. This week I looked at the Inayat stories in particularly. My favorite story of the Part A reading was "The Guilty Dogs". Any story that has dogs
Cute Dog Face
in it I am going to like but this one was extra cute. I really got a tickle out of the story when the chief dog began to stroll through the roads of the city on his way to the palace. In the story the men were to kill all the dogs of the city and they were all ready, wielding weapons to kill the chief. The story says however, that due to his cute appearance they could not lay a hand on the dog. This was funny to me and reminded me of the movie Puss in Boots, when Puss gives men his cute face with his eyes all big and they become mesmerized. I don't think I could really make a story out of this one but it was a really fun story to read and one that still gave us a message that in rage we should still be just or we may do wrong to those who were not at fault.

Bibliography
Title: Twenty Jataka Tales
Author: Noor Inayat (Khan)
Illustrator: H. Willebeek Le Mair
Year: 1939

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intorduction to Small Town Oklahoman

Comment Wall

Week 6 Story: The Meek Prince