Week 11 Story Planning: How Can I Continue the Saga

Sooooo, this week I have found myself in quite a predicament. I have written another story that will fit well with my preacher epic that I have been writing and so I am happy with that. The problem that I have now it that I feel myself running out of creative thoughts and stories that I think I could implement into the portfolio (or storybook at this point, I don't know). I read some Jataka tales this week and I did really enjoy them but I am not totally sure how to morph something like that into a more real world and serious storyline. Maybe I shouldn't thought. Perhaps instead I could write like a little interlude to break up the story. I could use one of the Jataka tales and just change the characters to fit my storyline so far and make it a fun and playful intermission story that will give the reader something fun to read. It will most likely not have anything to do with the overall storyline of the
The Confused Ox
epic but could be just a fun side story to write. I do not know how well this will be received by the class but hopefully it will go over well. I think a fun story to do it over would be the story about the ox that won the forfeit. I could change the ox to a horse and make the preacher the one that treats the horse with kindness and compassion. The horse would win him a great prize but even more would show that kindness and compassion are greater tools than cruelty when trying to perform a task. Maybe I could do what I was wishing to do last story and make it a horse that is impossible to ride and perhaps his son bets that he could ride the horse. He would kick and whip the horse but only make him more angry. Then the preacher would take a bet double what his son had to get his money back and would approach the horse with compassion and ride the devil out of him.

links
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/jt/jt07.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jataka_tales



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intorduction to Small Town Oklahoman

Comment Wall

Week 6 Story: The Meek Prince